Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Further thoughts on inventory and controls

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Koronis
Glad you mention it :) . I think having the right-mouse button for interaction with the landscape is not really a good aim. It will probably lead to sth. similar to "hey I accidently hit my back mouse button when I wanted to click something in my browser". Namely, I wanted to hit sth. with my sword but got on the right-mouse button instead and it opens an interaction menu.
However, I think having one active slot instead of two is the way to go. To not lose the two-handedness I would propose a system where you could combine two objects to a double wielding object e.g.
have a sword (single wield = right mouse button)
have a shield (single wield = right mouse button)
combine it to sword and shield and define whats right and leftclick.
In combat that would mean you can make a sword and shield item by drag and drop and it will stay that way and can be accessed by pressing the item number.

For the space/interaction part: I think we should just make it space and let the circles appear next to the cursor as you proposed.
Are we planning for a ressource transfer tab and a production tab for buildings? if not  we could also let the e key be for ressource trading and space for general interaction(like grabbing, producing,...).

Just my thoughts.