Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Further thoughts on inventory and controls

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to boni
Except everything I posted down below still stays the same.

Besides that, it seems like a useful solution. But hard to communicate to the player. Does this thing has 2 actions or one? What does which one do? etc.

Edit:
Personally, I don't think it's possible to create one control scheme that works for all occasions. I think it might be best to have a seperate control scheme for, for example, the Hazard clonk, that uses left and right mouse button to shoot stuff, or left for shooting and right click for grenades. It'd be only used by hazard-arena-scenarios or the Hazardclonk though. While this creates a bit of a knowledge hurdle ("oh, the controls work differently now?!") it limits this case to very specific scenarios. ("Oh, it's a hazard shooter, gotta use shooter controls").
What we need now is a good general purpose control scheme, that works for settlement and normal/minor melees (possibly during settlement scenarios).