Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Material] Overhauled material textures (experimental)

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW
Well, let's not begin this discussion on the wrong foot then. Trying to get a "cartoonish" look is something we don't not want, so it's great to see people experiment. But in contrast to the technical argument Günther gave, that's largely a matter of taste. So let's discuss some side-by-side game screenshots, because that's the only way to resolve this. I, for one, am not convinced that just turning some saturation knobs is the magic recipe to get a better look here. But if it's easy and cheap, it doesn't hurt to try.

Speaking of easy knobs: I still feel like everything in OC is way too dark. I had a shader bug for a while where the landscape was essentially double the normal brightness - and I didn't notice it too much, really. I think just brightening everything up 50% could do wonders. Don't forget, most people play in brighter room than we develop in.

Also, my branch will suck a lot of brightness out of the graphics anyway. So if we start low, we might end up in muddy land :)