Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Future of the project

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to ala
Ja!,
it turned out much more difficult than I thought.

I composed some music between two years and 1 year ago (3 atmosphere pieces (for Night, Snow, Cave), and 3 unfinished pieces (for Mountain, Caves again, Lava) and 1 melee try). They fit more into exploring(big focus) and settlement (a little) - and into my first thoughts in which direction OC might turn to. And are not well suited for the melee type open clonk turned out to get (they would perhaps fit into the CR pack DynamicWorlds).

Well the big problem is - that there are two steps after composing: 2) Arranging a piece. 3) Producing a piece.
These steps can only be obtained by getting more experience, that's why I postponed the whole thing again and again.

Most of the stuff is atmospheric guitar only (I at least wrote everything down), I played some of the tracks on a couple of CMs and asked for opinions. I have some midi tracks, and I have 2 pieces that made it past arranging into the production state (I picked up one last week, because it is the only way I can meet a deadline).

In addition some tracks turned out a bit differently than intended after working on them and moving a bit away from all Clonk ideas and more into experimenting , for example I used the night composition for a orchestration demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZc5_zDXaLQ (Arranging is mastered here, but not proper production)

In university I have to compose and arrange about 15 pieces anyway for this semester, schedule is really tight..

----------

Hm I just got an idea: I might try to register Clonk as a university project. This way I could work on it and get points for it :) - but if they won't accept it, than the pieces are pretty much frozen for another year. Some demo video might be cool for this.