Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Concept Art] Inventor's Lab

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
Wow, even more marvelousler. You sketches really get better and better :-)
The window and telescope are cool, I love how the sextant-telescope mixture turned out. To include this bulleye-theme for the windows is also a great idea.

Two things are bit odd though:
1. The door would lead to the backyard of the building? Or has the left section of the building more depth than it looks like. In any case, the door should be either behind something else (staircase?) or be a window so that it is not mistaken as a door Clonks can enter
2. The whole building looks like a cross-section of a building, even more so after seeing how you imagine the top view. Lets make it look more "open to the front" (tools workshop, armory,...) than like a cross-section:
+ the tower apparently is composed of just two beams. At least a third beam that goes to the back should stabilize this construction
+ the railing only goes around the back of the building. I suggest to make at least the railing-part of the building round as far as the staircase. This way it won't cover other important parts of the model. The roof to the right is fine I guess, at least if it continued to the front one wouldn't see the cool window.