Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Trees and vegatation

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
Wow, that looks awesome (as well, Fungiforms sketches are also cool)! Makes me think about background decoration consisting of huge trees for deep-forest-scenarios in the background, too large to hack down (and/or slightly parallax).

For trees as a resource, keep in mind that it should to look comprehensible hacking the tree down. A trunk that is as thick as a house is probably not suitable (22). I don't think we will or should stick to the "hack tree -> a few pieces of small wood items come out" workflow in the long term, it looks very weird.
You know, I am a friend of Clonkonaut's heavy resources concept: If you hack down a tree, long logs could come out there which you have to carry to the next sawmill (carry-heavy). This would also remove the annoying task of shoving the tree around the landscape. But then, the logs should more or less look like the trunk they come from.