Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Model] New Buildings!

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Fungiform
If you are trying to be demotivate us (me?) you are doing a good job.

Sure its not uniform yet. These are the beginning models we'd like to tweak and develop until they are good. Until now the first guy who comes up with a model has it set in the game. What we are trying to do is something different:

We develop a set of core buildings from concept to model to finished. A group of people iterate over these concepts, models and textures and when we think we are finished we make a proposal to add them to the game..

While we are in this process, I find it strange to hear: "No! You are not allowed to think about that again", "Hey, at the current stage the stuff you do looks no better what we have now (just stop, you can't do it)". If you remember, this was the reason we wanted to work in private first. For the sake of openness everyone can see our humble start and the development.

This is an experiment that some people are obviously willing to put time into. It doesn't take anything away. All the buildings that are in the game are still there and if we are lucky later there will be more. If in the end the stuff we do is really crap or not worth putting in the game because its not much better, we can just dump it.