Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Waterfalls

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to domtron
So I rolled back my OC repo to a point where it worked and played around with the rock bottom scenario. I cut out all the stuff not related to the waterfall and changed the map around so the water source was in a cleft on the one side and overflowed it. The waterfall code also has a water drain where... water drains. The drain object doesn't seem to work. This may be because I have no clue how to relate the x,y location to the map.bmp file.

The waterfall object code does everything I was thinking of. It also has direction parameters. The changes that I think need made are as follows:
- rename the WaterFall object to WaterSource
- add a graphic that looks like a hole out of which the water flows and allow scenario editors to toggle it on or off with a parameter at creation
- Increase waters viscosity or something; the flow of water seems far to broken and needs to be smoother; I'm not sure if this is scriptable or hard coded into the engine. anyone know? (@Pyrit is this what you meant about it looking ugly?)
- create a script for water to drain into dirt and dirt backgrounds.

Edit: The decorative waterfall should probably be a separate object possibly a modification of the current waterfall.

I'll attach the scenario If I can figure out how and if my internet isn't to slow to upload it. Uploaded.

Edit: BTW, the scenario doesn't change the waterfall object yet; it's just a map configuration that I'll use to test my modifications.

It's basically the same code and setup of the author of rock bottom so all credit goes to him. And I guess I am now suppose to say that the license is CC-By.