Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Project]Base Melees

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Maikel

Medals

First of all let me thank Pitri for inspiration and allowing me to implement medals in OpenClonk as well. So what are medals?
Players can earn medals for special achievements like making three kills in a row, or blowing up an enemy base. Medals are in my
opinion a good way to make players do more fun and crazy things, especially in base melees I want to reward players for such actions.
So every medal comes with a small clunker reward so that more weapons and materials can be bought. So far I have implemented a few
medals and a basic rule which keeps track of the medals per player. For now the medals are stored in the player data locally. In
contrast to Pitri's system the player can earn more medals of the same type, so that in the end you just increase your collection.

Medals in the League
The medals are already stored in such a way in the player data, that this can be translated directly to the league storage. However,
there are still a few technicalities in the league processing which are annoying me... But in the future if there will be a base melee
league, there will be also the storing of medals in the league. And if someone codes an interface these medals might even be associated
to an account on some web site, so that you can keep track of which medals you already earned and compare with friends, etc.

List of medals
* Kill              Awarded when you have killed an enemy (todo: make this a bit more special, maybe three kills in a row).
* Marvelous Miner   Awarded for mining at least one thousand clunkers during a single round.   
* Decorated         Awarded when you get awarded with more than ten medals in a single round.
* Kamikaze          Awarded when you kill yourself and an enemy clonk simultaneously.
* Pyromania         Awarded for setting 100 objects on fire in a single round.

Ideas and Graphics
Unluckily I can't just copy all medals from Pitri's rule since lots of the medals were tailored for CR and magic gameplay. So I just
started from scratch and am now adding medals continuously. So if you have any nice ideas for a medal, please share or code it. And
I will happily put it into the repository if a minimum quality is present :)

I have one request regarding medals, I need a template graphic for the base medal (128x128 pixels) from which the actual medals can
derive by overlaying existing images. If any person with graphical skills would be willing to do this, I'd be very grateful.