Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic How can I embed my own composed music to my own game?

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Anonymous
Thanks Maikel and Clonknaut, I'm really glad I know how to use the cmd hahaha.
This works well for ingame music, I think I'll make my own little playlist now..
Any chance to work this magic on the title screen too? this seems to work only for gameplay.

Hey ala, I'm glad to meet a fellow composer!
The wind instruments you heard were indeed clarinet + muted trumpet + tenor sax,
nice job recognizing the rhodes lol. usually no one knows what that is.
I wouldn't call this jazz though, even though it has a swing feel and all the chords utilize jazz harmony (lots of 9's 11's and 13's)
I'm trying to avoid this sound though because in the last couple of years it has gotten dull! hahaha.

The issue with public domain\open source synth's and samplers is that there aren't any really..
It seems a bit odd to me that no one releases at least kontakt instruments as public domain, this makes it very difficult for composing for a gpl\gnu game.
What are the choices here? I suppose music can be written with one open source synth like synth1, but even after investing hours upon hours on preseting, you'd never get to the sheer quality of kontakt-level samples,
or commercial grade soft-synths.

Anyway, I'd be happy to swap some midi files with you and maybe make some music. Is there a way to contact you?