Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Music]Lmms Collaboration | Open Music

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Nandelus
K-Pone, I can see that you addressed those Issues,

What you say is completely true, while the different versions problem could be remedied by recreating an older project with a newer version.
I think that to simplify all of this we can just use vanilla lmms, and state some standards as to plugins.
here are my ideas as to that;
_____
Soundfonts:
If possible, the GeneralUser GS soundfont should be used to simplify all soundfont problems. if others are needed they would be implemented only under compatible licenses.
The generaluser gs is availiable under a license that is packaged along with a lot of gpl software I think, and should work on all machines.
______
Vanilla LMMS should be used for maximum compatiblity. I use 1.0.2 which I like a lot. I don't know how much the plugins have changed since, but I've opened one of your projects and got some of the synth's to work.
I don't mind switching to an older version.
______
Vstplugins:
vst plugins should be avoided. unless they're availiable as freeware. for example if you use the free kontakt player, I can use it too since it's availiable for all windows uesrs, but won't work for linux..
_____
here's my contribution, it's very simplistic but I think it's nice.
I've made it with vanilla Lmms 1.0.2 (no vsts)
the only exception to vanilla lmms is the use of the GeneralUser GS SoundFont for drums and rhodes.  I'll make it availiable in a zip file along the its license.
I'll upload it as a zip file along with the synth presets

the zip contains the mmpz file, the presets for the synths (I've only used the triple oscillator) an ogg file, and the general user gs. I of course cannot provide a download to the soundfont under the cc-by license, so the license for the soundfont is included.
this is just a very simplistic way to show collaboration is possible..
I herby release the project files under the CC-BY -NC 4.0 license. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0
Including the project file, the synth presets and the ogg exported example.
download from my drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6SJqmxKrmQfMFYxZ2VjNG1SYlk/edit?usp=sharing