Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Feedback from first time player

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Anonymous
Positive issues:
- The game looks really nice.
- There are a lot of interesting things to find and experiment on. E.g. airship in dark castle. Liquids.
- Start menus look nice and are quite easy to use.
- Local area network server auto detection is nice.
- Multi-player feature is nice.
- Material and the forum in English (as I don't speak German)

Negative issues:
- Once trees start growing the performance drops and the game starts to lag a lot. Game also lags on Linux, on Unity for some reason. But that could be an unity issue and it can be solved by using another window manager instead.
- Trees grow too fast and everywhere. Perhaps some limit would be nice. "Don't grow here if there is already a tree near you".
- Some things in the game are really difficult to learn, e.g. using a pump (how to make pipes). What to put into a cannon (there could be some hint in game). Digging a hole into the ceiling. Working in water. How to build a plane.
- Player gets quite easily stuck when mining rocks or working with elevator.
- Loading a saved game fails always, at least in 3 player multi player games (dark castle scenario). The game loads, but it claims to be on "pause" and then the game freezes. Not even esc is working (but e.g. alt+tab still works)
- All the scenarios seem to be really difficult and made for professional players. It would be nice to have something other than tutorial scenarios that could be played even by a 8-year old.
- There is no hint on how to open a menu when playing the game, you just have to know what keyboard button to press. Perhaps there could be a visible button on screen that could be used with mouse? Or text saying "press x to open menu"

The game is quite playable even with all the problems, so there is a lot of potential in it.

- Version 5.4.1
- I found the game via some random Google search "linux games" or something similar.