Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Particles] Fire

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
Wow, very cool.

Did you try this?

> * not sure about this one, just an idea though: I see the size of the fire is dynamically adapted to the size*con of the object. But then it stays constantly the same size. How about you played around with variating the (height/size) of the flame to simulate this "auflodern" more. Or, as an alternative, variate the lifetime of the fire particles.

This could solve the problem below - for very large fires you would add more fires on the objects, for weak fires you'd only have a smaller fire somewhere on the object (that does not cover the whole object)

The smoke also looks great. One small suggestion regarding the smoke: Make it grow bigger as it looses visibility so that it looks as if the smoke is dispersing (and because of that vanishing). I think it must fade out faster.

Regarding the weak fires Pyrit has a point here. I suggest having less of those flying sparks for weak fires and instead add a different effect for a very weak fire:
1. Have a little (low alpha) fire from the start
2. have "Glut" particles that glow red-yellowish clustered in groups around the object. They'd not move and glow out quickly going from yellow over red to black, while flickering up a bit randomly during that. Not sure though how that'd look, just an idea.