Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic C4Script for everything

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Günther
Changing the actmap is useful during development, and there are probably some nice tricks you can do with a dynamic actmaps.

The main reason for the new feature is to consolidate all the different functions you have to use to manipulate objects. Some things you can change with a callback, some things you can change with the scenario.txt, some things have a dedicated function, others can only be changed by editing the game data. And for most there needs to be special code in the engine to (de)serialize it for savegames.

I'm not yet sure whether the proplists created for the definitions will be changeable during the game. I'd like to avoid having to write code to merge the changes done during the game with changes to the game data between saving and resuming the game. So you'll probably have to change the objects, or create a proplist inheriting from a definition at runtime and have your objects use that proplist as their definition.