Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Gestures/Taunts

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Apfelclonk
Not long ago I put really much effort in finding out how to create own animations with the blender template file. So I can talk it a bit about that:

As you said animating the bones itself is not that hard. You just need to have a feeling what looks natural or work with some sort of visual helpers (where has a bone about to be?). Also the model in the blender file has some helpers, which use Inverse Kinematic. With them you can create good looking things very fast and work around some weird-looking stuff which might appear while animating (e.g. twisted elbows or knees).
But the all-around stuff is very unhandy, which made it for me very frustrating. One problem is, and that's probably the smallest one, that the file itself is in an old Blender version (2.49b) and with the rise of 2.5 the UI has been reworked heavily. That makes it really hard to get how the setup should have worked. Also the python windows doesn't work anymore (atleast for me, in any 2.49 or 2.6 setup). The bigger thing is that the system for managing the animations is very fragile. I had it multiply times, that I destroyed my or another animation when doing the simplest operations, so they were inacceptable to the system. Due to both of these problems it can get really really discouraging. There are some other problems, which can be solved by having a good setup or just using the right exporter (e.g. empty bones groups for parts which are not animated. That would cause the animation stack in OpenClonk to fail, so the animation with the highest priority overwrites all the other ones with nothing).

If you want so I could upload my 2.6 Version but I don't know wether everything is alright with it or wether the file itself wouldn't fix any problems and its just made setup that allows me to export working animations.