Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Colored lights

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Marky
First experiments with actual light color is done, and I saw some things that I did not realize before: The way lights work is a little bit strange. For my experiment the light texture contains the color of the light. Instead of decreasing the brightness with distance I fade the color to white (if shadow is true) in DrawVertex(). This produced some ugly conflicts if there is a second clonk, but since this was not a problem in the original code it is probably because of my lazy/experimental coding.
Anyway, I with the current implementation I have no idea how to merge light colors yet. Also, the default color in the texture seems to be black. For light color this should be white. How do I change this?
Furthermore, with different light colors next to each other, the light has to be merged somehow. At first I thought that the easiest way is adding the color values, but for that I need the values that are saved in the texture?
Ideally I want to have something like this, except that the background is also white, and the image is blurred.
Also, the beam going out of the tunnel looks a little weird.