Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Concrete and fluid granit

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Armin
I thought having fluid rock is the most unique and interesting alternative to the other 3 unique placement mechanics. There is loam which creates curvy earth walls, a wall kit for perfect flat granite ceilings/walls and the Basement.ocd object which has no material at all but is a strong building which takes more damage than 2 firestones. A different version of any of these ways to build a wall could make one of these 3 items useless. E.g. if a rock wall kit is cheap, maybe nobody will use granite/metal wall kits or the other way around.

@All posts: I see that a fluid rock item could have not enough use cases. One of the few "better use fluid material" cases that come to my mind would be if a lake freezes and you throw some concrete on it, then you have a super flat, safe bridge on the water (rare case). Or if you want to make it hard for the enemy to dig out a cave to your base but the cave is too small to build a Basement.ocd in it (happens in CoFuT sometimes). In CR, fluid stuff was also a cheap way to fill tiny holes against acid but there are e.g. less holes in OpenClonk settlements because you can build several overlapping Basement.ocd objects.