Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic 7.0 - Release Planning

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonkonaut
Finally, December is here! The release is due to this month but I haven't specified when exactly. I hope nonetheless that we can iron out the most crucial bugs in the coming two weeks and have a release ready for Christmas.

Over the last few days, I have rigorously skimmed through the bugtracker to either eliminate outdated bugs or to flag them for either 7.1 or 8.0. The roadmap is now at 62% with 53 open bugs. Not many of which are release blocking. In a week from now I will edit even more to target 8.0, mostly those that are merely cosmetic, nice-to-have but not critical. Anything of the severity of e.g. 0001335: Lighs have box shape when rays don't hit solid material.

If you spot those >7.0 bugs and find them easy enough to fix, please do so. Otherwise concentrate on 7.0.

Here's a new list of most critical bugs:

0001224: "Release Clonk" in treasure hunt (and other missions)
This is quick and easy but may prove to be something very valuable to players.

0001238: Crash in Deep sea mining
Apparently something that happens to some people. A release blocker.

0001241: SDL_mixer: Inaccessible audio device not handled correctly
This does sound bad. I am not sure though if this bug still persists.
Not that bad actually.

0001274: Gamepad not working
I use this bug as a reminder. We need to make sure that we do have Gamepad support or if that is too much to handle for two weeks, we should explicitly state that Gamepad support isn't ready in 7.0

0001105: Iron Peak Goal - Lags
As far as I understand, this bug makes Iron Peak virtually unplayable. If we can't fix this by either fixing the goal or removing it / replacing by a much simpler one, I will exclude Iron Peak from the release.

0001365: Can't see required construction site materials if construction site is directly over the bottom
The one bug from my old list that hasn't been fixed. The solution was mentioned in the entry: Expand viewport clipping to outer scroll border instead of landscape border for messages
I have no idea where in the engine code these things are defined though.

0001462: Crash when restarting a savegame with player assignment
Games that do not warn you or automatically unset key bindings if you attempt to bind a key twice are a nuisance to players. It doesn't sound too hard to fix this.

And another two proxy bugs:

0001109: Sync loss on runtime join
0001462: Crash when restarting a savegame with player assignment

Of course, it's cool to solve these bugs in particular. The more general thing here is to sit down and fix runtime join and network savegame resumption in general. This will include two people, at least one engine coder, to have debug engines ready and just try out these things and monitor why the process fails, hopefully being able to fix everything.

To have a little priority list here:

- Network savegames resumption
- Gamepad Support
- Runtime Join
- Iron Peak

I'd appreciate feedback about who's available in general!