Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic 7.0 - Release Planning

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonk-Karl

> There have been issues with OS X in general. From my understanding because of some OpenGL features we use, Mac users were unable to run the game at all. This is unacceptable for a release, to drop support for a whole operating system. I would like an update on how this situation might be improved. I consider this release blocking.

I am working on resolving this eventually (by moving to using a OpenGL 3.2 core profile), but I'm not sure how much longer it will take. For the release, my suggestion would be to revert the commit which introduced the OpenGL 3.0 dependency, in the stable-7.0 branch only. It is not a critical feature. For 8.0 we'll then move to a OpenGL 3.2 core profile, which is supported by Mac OS X. I have a Mac, so I can actually test this.

Before going that road it would be good to know what the state and plans of the stable-7.0 branch are. It's been about two months since it was touched. Are we cherry-picking individual commits from master into there and release that, or do we make a new branch from the current master?