Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Movement

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
Okay, after looking at the game with vertices (Ctrl+F6 and Ctrl+F8²), a few suggestions for technical solutions:
* differentiate between when the clonk climbs and touches the wall with his leftmost/rightmost vertex and touching the wall only with the lowerleft/lowerright one. In the latter case, use a different animation, namely something alone the line of standing up from a kneeled position. That would take care of the gangnam problem - which I think is mostly an animation problem, i.e. that the player is confused what state the clonk is in right now
* move both the mentioned lowerleft/lowerright vertex and the leftmost/rightmost vertex up by 1-2 pixels; increase teh amount of pixels the WALK procedure would beam up the clonk by 1-2px. Reasons: Even with the previous suggestion, the animation will look odd sometimes because the clonk is seemingly grabbing the air; The clonk would then not climb on very small bumps

² gosh, why does it make the game that slow?