Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Multiple Light Sources

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW
Oh, I actually flipped around "min" and "max" when reading that. What you mention is actually two separate questions - firstly, balancing vertical vs horizontal will have to be done in some way anyways. Maybe use Manhattan distance to normalize? Secondly, I'd only want to cap if we find a definite need for it. The incoming intensities are going to be naturally capped at 1.0, so there's a natural upper bound for light intensity anyway.

For restoring shiny materials, we could re-calculate the normal vector as (right-left, top-bottom) and intensity as the sum of dot products with that (hm, expensive?). This would be a completely separate shading path that adds a highlight. This would be the "proper" way of doing reflection anyway, because the angles you consider are different.