Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic new texture set (as interim solution until new models)

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to pluto
Hi there,

I was working on models for Clonkonauts cable car. By that. I also started using a new, more colorful and friendly palette. as the mud brown colors dominating items and structures were  very often critizised. (see compilation picture taken by Nachtfalter or Matthi (sorry, dunno anymore, but there is a thread here somewhere.)

Presenting my cable car exported models, there was a dispute, that the new color palette does not fit to the old stuff, which is true. That is why I quicky recolored the old textures to make them fitting my proposed new style. This is a quick and efficient interim solution until someone decides to replace the old structures (especially the ones which still have some sort of dummy model)

There was already a dicussion about the new color palette, brightness, cleanness, orangeness, without any clear consens. Some liked the orange, some did not. Generally it was said that it might be a bit too bright, however, as soon as I reduce the brightness, it quickly starts to become more brownish again. However the *.material file allows to easily change the brightness without even touching the textures itself.

To make it short and simple, this discussion shall aim on the question: is the old better than the new style/colorpalette?