Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Liquid container branch

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Maikel
I don't know if this has been already discussed, but I imagine the following use case:

* We have a new structure, the tank, which can contain liquids of a certain type and only that type.
* The pumps source is in some liquid and the drain connected to the tank, the pump fills the tank.

So now when the tank is full the pump stops working presumably. Questions:

* Can I connect multiple tanks to one pump? How do we determine which one will be filled.
* Can I connect multiple tanks to each other (enhancing the total capacity)? [My opinion: don't allow this]
* What happens if the pump tries to pump the wrong material?
* Can I do Pump->Tank->Pump->Steam Engine, or Pump->Tank->Steam Engine (arrows indicate liquid flow)?

You see there are lots of design issues to resolve if we complicate matters. For now though I propose to add a Tank structure with place holder graphics to which the pump directly connects. This can then be filled and can store barrels which can be filled.

Edit: Sorry for being so negative/precise/obnoxious here, but I know from the power system that we should be really careful about the design and test thoroughly before adding it to master. I appreciate the effort you put in here!