Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Liquid container branch

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Marky
At the moment the objects save only one pipe per connection type: source / drain / neutral
The pump can have source and drain, but not neutral; the steam engine can only have neutral (a connected drain from the pump counts as neutral in this case).

So, in the current implementation:

>* Can I connect multiple tanks to one pump? How do we determine which one will be filled.

No.

>* Can I connect multiple tanks to each other (enhancing the total capacity)? [My opinion: don't allow this]

No.

>* What happens if the pump tries to pump the wrong material?

Its the same as if the pump were clogged.

>* Can I do Pump->Tank->Pump->Steam Engine, or Pump->Tank->Steam Engine (arrows indicate liquid flow)?

If you designed a tank object that can have an input and output pipe, then you could have the first version, but not the second (since the tank does not know how to transfer liquid to another object, and the steam engine does not know how to request liquid from another object. Only the pump can transfer stuff.