Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Exporting Clonks

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Apfelclonk

>The problem that I see with your approach (simply exchanging the bone definitions) is: The mesh file contains the information what vertex is assigned to what bone. When I change those in the skeleton file only, then the vertices get assigned to the wrong bone and the model will still look warped. So, instead of manually adjusting all vertex assignments in the mesh file after exporting it

My solution was actually to handle the case you just discribed. By reorganizing the bone defninitions to the order in the original clonk skeleton to fit its vertex assignments, if you don't use the exported .mesh. Because you do, this approach is obsolete.

But then I don't get your earlier mentioned problem either. With your fresh exported mesh and skeleton all indices and vertex assignments should be fine. And the additional DummyRootBone doesn't change anything substantial. Can you give some more detail (maybe a screenshot or somewhat like that)?