Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic QuickShift: an alternative

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonkonaut
To keep everyone posted:

Yesterday evening I experimented with showing the quick switch slot item on the clonk. Because I liked the look back when there were two items on the clonk. Kind of. I didn't like that the clonk carried two things in its hands. When you want to use an axe and carry a hammer around, you probably don't take the axe in one hand and the hammer in the other.

Anyway, I will experiment further. Right now, I am changing all the GetCarryMode (or GetCarry*) callbacks to include the slot the item is in (active slot / quick switch slot). Items can then return two different carry modes. Looks already with the shovel, carried in hand when active, carried on back when inactive. I will try if stuff like 'carry on hips' works and looks nice.

In order to do this, I will 'degeneralise' Library_Inventory. Right now, it still got all the remnants of the previous, two-handed control style. I changed GetHandItem to either return the active slot or the quick switch slot. But if you prefer, I will do this in the clonk's script instead in order to keep Library_Inventory as it is, i.e. ready to reactive two-handed controls. Feel free to state your opinion!