Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic QuickShift: an alternative

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonkonaut
I'm curious to hear the reasons for this. Right now, the clonk's script is clustered with seemingly outdated or superfluous stuff (I was horrified to see that the scaling animation stuff saves an integer in 'this.dist' without any information what exactly this is). The 'hand item' attachment methods contain functions which are never called throughout our entire content. I also saw that the stuff I did with the numbered hotkeys (like saving which one was pressed in this.inventory.*) is also done in a kind of similar way in this.control.*. I am fearing now that this created another case of 'which library has to be included before another one in order to not break'. When writing the new functions, I was also not sure what exactly belongs in 'Library_Inventory' and what in 'Library_ClonkInventoryControl'. These two are kind of interdependent.

Everything, just to keep the illusion that the clonk's libraries are somewhat generalised and would work when being cherrypicked into your new X-Clonk. I grant you that currently you can set two hand objects (or three, four, five) and it will work (but of course, you have to write a new control library in order to actually use the second hand item). So it is not like you just include different code and everything works out of the box. I am wondering whether it is sensible to keep this code at all.