Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Winter food

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Apfelclonk
I needed several tries, since I got killed by the sharks. I finished the goal by building a loam bridge at the first sea and a long bridge with basements over the shark sea. That was quite repetitive and easy. I'd suggest to disable basements, they are sort of adventure killers, or replace most of the rock with granite or sand, so one could build such a bridge partly easy with the given rocks, but needs to finds an additional solution to pass over the shark sea (or put even more effort into blasting granite). Also I think the scenario could need some more decorative elements (the flowers are awesome!), like grass on the right side of the map and give some slighty different value to the grass under water. Also there could be some more story telling elements. Having a monolog, when collecting the bag (btw. if one does dig away the ashes and catch the bag, one still has to climb up to its location to trigger the event), saying that this must be the bag, and talking about the reaction that one receives from others coming succesfully home. Another thing would be adding a small message onto the messengers tombstone, if not replacing it by a dead body and another monolog with oneselve. I really like the part at the left, with the labyrinitish mine system. It could be even much bigger, and having some trouble hidden (like bridges which break, when stepping on them) or a small puzzle, or mean bats/ice (winter is coming, no?) stalactites.

I think with some polish it could be a small and very sweet adventure.

I think there is always a problem with these scenarios. One doesn't know how much settlement is requestet, which queries the expectations (at least for me), because I love settling but I'm always feared to find out that there is a much easier solution without any bigger efforts too. For sure that isn't bad per se, since people like having multiple ways to tackle a scenario. On the other hand one doesn't want to have every scenario having the same feature of building a complete basic settlement structure to get certain tools.