Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic OC Editor Stream

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonkonaut
I have to disagree there. The editor actually eases a lot of otherwise bothersome processes - even for experienced developers. Of course, as soon as you want something more complex, you need to switch to script. But for a first draft, the results are very good. The code is well made and easy to work with (and actually not that uncomplicated to do properly, with the symbiosis between Script.c and Objects.c).
Bothersome tasks include things like placing levers and connecting them with doors. Doing this script-only includes a lot of playtesting to see if you managed to place everything correctly in the landscape and so on. Dialogues and/or sequences do require a lot of clicking around but also a good deal of remembering the interface of our respective libraries. I don't think that doing this in script is faster or easier than in the editor; but then maybe I am not that proficient in these libs.