Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Defense League

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Maikel
Dear clonkers, league activity has been very low in OC and I hope we can revive this a little by creating a new league. One for defense scenarios, all of them currently found in Defense.ocf. I added a new scenario in which you can build up your settlement while defending, so it has more strategic elements compared to the existing ones. I also started a test league to see if things work.

The actual idea for the league and the scenarios is the following:
* Scenarios have waves with attackers and there are infinite waves (the waves get harder so you won't survive forever).
* You always win the round and get a number of league points according to the number of waves you survived.
* Each of the rounds has a maximum number of players allowed, as in the settlement league.
* Some exceptional enemies also give you league points.

The current rounds Fight for Gidl and The Guardians of Windmills have a fixed number of waves, but I plan to make them have infinite and make them work with the new defense goal. If there are any objections to that let me know.

I would be happy if some feedback and ideas would be posted here. And am also happy to test some time (~soon).