Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Knüppeln! 0.8

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Sayned
It's finished!

I present to you MLG Man - the hero nobody wanted but everybody deserved! Has a few references to MLG memes in ability names and VFX and is centered around 2 mechanics - inaccuracy of rapid Q mashing and headshot mechanic of Q and R. Obviously this hero is inspired by shooters

Few things I want to clarify:
Headshot mechanic is a bit wonky, but I couldn't figure out a better way to approach it. You could possibly rewrite it at some point if necessary.
Also, R might turn out a bit too strong, however I still think it should deal 100 dmg on headshot and there are a lot of possible ways to nerf the ability without touching the "oneshot potential" - reducing base damage and increasing headshot multiplier, for example (20 dmg base damage, x5 modifier = 100 dmg headshot is what I would do - I didn't test the ability in battle because none of my friends play OC). Other options - increasing cooldown and/or charge time. The ability is supposed to be hard to land, but if you land it perfectly, then you get rewarded

I rushed through the icons, which is a bit sad, I might revise R and champ icons later as well as polish E up a bit more.