Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Sandbox Reloaded

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to K-Pone
At the moment I'm working on a new Sandbox/Creative Mode scenario with enhanced sandbox tools. If this is finished, it might replace the current "Playground" scenario from the tutorials folder. Here's a little preview on what you could expect from the scenario when it's finished.

Multiplayer

The current Playground scenario is limited to only 1 player at a time (which you might change by editing it's Scenario.txt. Don't know if it's working for more than one player though). My Sandbox scenario will support multiple players, and everyone can use the cool tools for "playing god".

Improved Object Spawning

Object spawning was yet creating the object in the inventory of the player or in front of the player's clonk. Here you'll get a "God's Hand" item, which you can use to create the object at a spot where you want it to spawn. You can still spawn items in your inventory, if you want to.

Material Brush

If you know the Spray Can from the "Maze" scenario (Parkours), you might be already familiar with this tool. And since you are a god in this scenario, you don't have the limited range, so you can draw wherever you like. Also you get a bunch of options for the brush. You can change it's drawing material to every material available (except vehicle). You can also change the brush size.

Marker

Markers can be placed anywhere on the map where you like. You can use them to respawn there when you die, or you can use them as teleport points.

World Generator on the fly

You don't have to end the round to create a new world. The Map Generator allows you to instantly create a new Map. You'll also get a bunch of options to change the world's appearance. Want a skylands map? or rather a lavacave map? With or without trees? Piranhas or Wipfs? you decide.

Options on the fly

When you are in need for something else you'd normally use the /script command for, you could do some tasks with the tools as well, i.e. making your clonk invincible, change it's maximum life, kill your clonk, enable or disable knowledge, ...

___

So, that's pretty much what you can expect from it when it's done. Stay tuned.