Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Broken Kingdom Campaign: The Hero of Evergreen (Beta)

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonkonaut
The king is dead.
An unknown assailant found a way into the castle of King Harx, who later was called 'The Cruel'. Against all odds, Harx The Cruel was killed. The assailant quickly vanished, leaving chaos in the keep. Afterwards, many citizens claimed to have seen that person, even helped the cause. Some of which who boasted were killed by angry mobs. Not everyone hated Harx as passionately as others. But too many did. They found Harx' system of taxation unjust and his claimed monopoly over all oil oppressive. However, soon everyone realised that Harx The Cruel had not been the monster they thought he was. He had been an economic genius, managing the kingdom's finance in a carefully balanced way. His diplomatic skills were unmatched as he maintained relationships with neighbouring kingdoms. Always knowing how to exert promises of friendship and threats of war. Without his leadership, the kingdom fell apart. Many small counties declared independence and a civil war erupted; once peaceful neighbours now viciously fought over resources that had once been shared. Other kingdoms took the opportunity to strike and seized the borderlands.

It has been five years since Harx' death. A relative peace has been established in the area that had once been the very heart of the kingdom. A senate, formed by aristocrats, gathered enough forces to get the population back under control. But with many fertile grounds lost, feeding everyone now poses a challenge as well as powerful enemies who still observe the situation closely. A rigorous military service was created to maintain a military strength capable of defending the New Republic, as the new nation was called. Though many of the inhabitants still referred to it as 'The Broken Kingdom'.

My personal goal of this project is to create a campaign which follows the story of the 'official' campaign from Missions. Taking place 5 years later. I don't know yet, how many scenarios to include. It took me a few months now to finish this first one, The Watchtower.
Some feedback is required now because there are probably a lot of things that I didn't realise that will break the scenario. I hope that no further explanation is necessary in addition to the description and ingame dialogue.

I developed this using my personal repository on this site! For super-latest versions and development status, go look there.
The source can be found on github!

Known bugs:
- No gamepad support. I don't know how the current status of gamepad support is, overall. The ending sequence requires a mouse so far. For gamepads, I will have to implement a virtual cursor and that hasn't been done so far. In case mouse + gamepad is possible then you can play it.
- The black screen effect doesn't cover the whole screen. Very weird, I will have to investigate.

Playing this does require the 8.0 release!

The package is released under CC BY 3.0 if not stated otherwise (in which cases see authors.txt in object folders).

Beinhaltet natürlich eine komplette deutsche Übersetzung!