Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Maybe Steam is actually an answer?

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to ala
Well regardless of steam. We really need some sort of promotion.

The alternative to Steam: During the active milestone time I proposed that we have regular Blog-Posts, to keep people up to date. We could then post those to various indie games, game development and OpenSource Websites, there are a ton. And compared with other games of that kind OpenClonk is actually one of the top games in that category. So definitely something that people would welcome. There are quite some games who do this to keep their community hyped.

The downside of this is obviously: People are not too eager to put effort into this, even during the Milestone we just got some Blogs. And then we would need a Blog schedule, so to spread the activity and activate an article in regular intervals. Also we would need to maintain a presence on those Websites, that task could be split among various people.

Well, we could at least do this for the 8.0 Release.

The positive effect of this approach is that we get people from an active game development scene to see the game, and there is potential for people to join. During the milestone I messaged with ~5 developers that were interested, for a mere effort of 1-2 Posts in 3 Forums I think. Well in the end however they didn't really got involved, but I think there is potential.

So something like that could work too.