Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Project] Codename: Modern Combat

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Michael14
I only got limited code knowledge regarding Clonk Rage but as far as I understand, Open Clonk has mostly similiar limitations when it comes to performance, yes?
I whould probably think of hit scan as the better option too, one check per bullet is way better when the enviroment features 4-10 armed players, automated turrets and weapons capable to dish out multiple bullets at the time, and all of that in a wide open map that allows for bullets to fly arround for quiet some time.
CMC Rage does not hit scan with every projectile either, things like grenades and missiles are still real physical objects flying arround - but there are mostly no rapidfire missile/grenade launchers so that is hardly the same performance impact.

A similiar problem are HUD elements which are only supposed to be seen by a single player:
Why sync them to the network round if all other players wont need them anyways - a option to process multiplayer information and display them in completely local HUD elements whould be great.
Things like weapon information (ammo counter etc.) whould be no performance hit anymore and minimaps whould be not nearly as impossible as they are in Rage.

Hacking to get cursors, hu? That doesn't sound too nice code-wise =S
Maybe we should rely on good old crosshairs tagged onto the clonk with the gun like Rage CMC/Hazard already do =)