Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Project] Codename: Modern Combat

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Michael14
Thank you and thanks for your offer, scripting abilities are always good to have as Open Clonk sadly requires a new start when it comes to code in general.

We whould need to organize who does what exactly as we currently got Marky and Clonkonaut stationed on programming tasks but generally, more help whould relief work load on everyone so that whould be awesome =)

The most important things at the moment are weapon mechanics, a bunch of equipment items, scenario standard mechanics for gameplay, a game mode and other stuff.

Sounds are somewhat on my list of tasks but having someone doing voice over specifically whould be really useful, too.
Rage CMC does not feature any speech other than a load of screams regarding damage, death and attacking someone (though these are pretty important, too) - having a 'radio guy' announcing important game mechanics whould be really interesting, e.g.

'We have lost objective' + 'A'
Warning + 'Only' + '5' + 'minutes left'
An ally marked a target with a tracer dart, all units with rocket launchers: Fire at will!
Objective + B + has been destroyed, + retreat to the next sector!

We are early in development though, so that is somewhat a future thing to think of - if I had to guess, such voice over whould be accompanied by text messages in a news feed on screen, so it whould make sense to have all voice-related sounds in English only, that whould cut voice work and required space in half without compromising players playing in German.

Please contact me if you got some time every now and then and the mentioned stuff seems interesting to you =)

[Edit]
Your sample is nice, I could provide similiar radio static effects for your voice overs =D