Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Experiment: Interaction Menu

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
Hmm, the menu looks still really cluttered in my opinion.

- There is so much blank space that overlays the possibly very important information of what's going on in the game right now. Idea: the menu could grow in size by the content that needs to be displayed. If there really is so much that it would/should cover the whole screen, it could still start small and optionally expand. (Like a "bottom sheet" in Android) But all in all, I in my opinion the menu should never obscure more than half of the screen (and the clonk is centered in the free half)

- having the name plus icon of the container on the tab but the name of the container on the first line of the menu as well seems duplicate. Couldn't the tabs be moved to the top (also this is a more standard location for tabs) and maybe made more prominent? Then that title could be removed

- Imo there is to much usage of shadows, different colours per row and borders at the same time. I'd reduce that to just colours and maybe spacing between the rows (instead of borders).

- Also, I wonder if the titles for the rows are really necessary. "Damage: not damaged" certainly also reads quite verbose. That the above is an inventory seems also self evident. Same with these progress bars. I understand this with the damaged, but why not just show the text "not damaged" on the progress bar?
Also, i have never seen a progress bar for how full an inventory is, the 3/5 text is much more helpful there. Or, why not do it like many other games do and show the slots? Then it is absolutely evident that it is an inventory and also how much more space is left.

Edit
Regarding the box at the bottom, isn't this something that could best be displayed (and often is in other games) as some kind of tooltip?