Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Are you still there?

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Apfelclonk
So you unpack .ocs and all that stuff by hand, dragging them onto c4group? And is there any text highlighting in notepad? I could try to make that ocscript highlighter available in Atom aswell, since its made for ace.

Nevertheless I think an "IDE" (nanoMill doesnt have to get feature complete right now) would still add a lot confidence to newcomers, at least for me, working with something which does not yield the feeling of straightforwardsness always makes me uncomfortable and I tend to let my hands off it.

I really like to get nanoMill going, at least for myself. So I'll aim for a robust working product with the least amount of features possible to be able to start "hacking".
But independently one could block out some basic tutorials, which I'd like to post in public to iterate over feedback. Some ideas for that?

I think of these:

- A very basic building, showing on a very basic level how to model something and transfer it into the game.
- Something like a small critter, with few animations and add some life to it
- Probably something like a scroll, using Effects and particles

I might focus onto the first two, to not overload myself again and get nothing done. Small steps...