Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Ambitions / Future of OC?

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Marky
Yes, everything that wants to slightly change some of the fundamentals runs into the problem of being hard to code - you have to overwrite entire functions, use >90% of their code and change minor things mostly. Also, I apologize if the first post was a bit out of context: Actually I wanted to create the topic about animations first, then I just happened to note me stream of conscience into a post and made it a separate topic.

Well, what sets OC apart is the possibility to have lots of content, different kind of content and it all runs on the same engine, so it does not feel like a different game. In CR there was a scenario that mixed up Clonk Mars and the EKE pack. In other game engines something like this is not as easy to do, because even if you can use the assets of the other games the code and logic behind them may be entirely different.