Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Feature Request: Set Material of an Algorithm in Map Script

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Luchs

>Well, that problem already exists, my proposal changes nothing about that.

You're right, I looked at the code now. The material is an extra algorithm parameter that only layers set and that is ignored when using Draw.

So that changes my concerns a bit:

- With the extra Material property, we should just deprecate the Draw function to avoid the double material parameter. (FWIW, I think the current API at least has the conceptual distinction "Blit is for layers, Draw is for raw algorithms" that would be lost then.)

- An implementation of that Material property should not require keeping track of the material in the implementation of each algorithm, possibly by introducing an additional "Set Material" wrapper algorithm similar to the function I wrote in the parent comment. Any Material property would than desugar to that algorithm with the remaining proplist as child.