Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic openclonk crashing on save

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Luchs
Hello Eric,

yeah, that processor (or rather the integrated GPU) is indeed too old to run current OpenClonk versions. I think OC 6 is the last version before we bumped the GPU requirements. I don't know whether that makes any difference with the bug you're seeing, but it might be worth a try. You'll probably have to compile it yourself, though. Here's the download archive.

In any case, the stack trace you posted indicates that the crash is somewhere in the graphics driver code (i965_dri) while creating a screenshot for the save game. That could mean that we're using the graphics APIs incorrectly or it could be a bug in the graphics driver. Either way, this is unfortunately not something we can diagnose properly from just the stack trace, sorry.

As a workaround, in case you're set up to compile OpenClonk, you could remove the code that creates that save game screenshot. It's in src/game/C4Game.cpp, function C4Game::SaveGameTitle. If you just add return false; as the first line of that function, it should skip the crashing code with no other negative effect.

Good luck!