Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Are you still there?

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Marky
Also, I am constantly working on more or less transforming concrete implementations into more abstract and modular concepts, so that they can be reused easily. This happens outside of the game repository, though, especially, because I do not want to break the game. Do we want to integrate those somehow, or leave it separate? For example, the AimManager defines things explicitely for our game (walk speed, animation replacements, and so forth), and ranged weapons use these in the form of an animation set.
The abstracted version is a stance transition system, where each stance can define behaviours as it sees fit. A behaviour then works simply applies and resets when the stance is active/deactivated. This works quite well in my test scenarios, but adding it to the actual game means A) changes in the existing system and B) breaking projects of other developers. That was one of the reasons why I thought about a "from scratch" approach to either the game content or the engine a few months ago.