Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Overhaul

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Marky

>Heyo Marky :) If you want to change stuff about the game, I think the best approach is always to ask oneself what is best for a player. And if you don't know, then it's always helpful to watch videos on youtube from people playing OpenClonk and see what they are annoyed about. And then try to tackle that.

I am actually thinking about re-designing a lot of stuff and I am aware that this is likely to fail or be too much effort in general. At the moment we carry around so many things and sub-systems with sometimes very intricate rules that sometimes do not even make sense for the current game or make things more complicated for mod developers.

>I still think the effort would be most fruitfully invested into the movement system (not getting stuck anymore) or into the mod system (Larry, to recruit new people).

I agree :D

>Noone would be mad at you if you did some changes and release the game as OpenClonk Marky Version or whatever :D That's exactly what our license is for

It would still create one more thing to keep track of, no?

>Do you have a good reason for that? Because yes, it does have drawbacks and in other projects I always found it to be very annoying.

It would allow including the engine as a submodule for the larger mod projects or allow a different setup. On the other hand one could also use the game content as a submodule (yes, they are annoying). Well, maybe I won't do that after all.