Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Rethinking about what an object is.

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to zagabar
Well then it is an issue of balancing it between nice for new scripters VS nice for experienced ones. I would go for the latter. Anybody who is motivated and interested is able to learn.  Scripting is also quite light weight introduction into programming OOP or not. Here at my university, the introductionary course is held in python and absolutely most people can handle it. Even though it is very OOP. Being unexperienced is only a temporary stage. You either quit or learn, so focusing in making that stage easy when it causes the static stage more nasty is not the way I would go at least. :P Sure, you might lose one or another scripter if it is more complicated, but those can not have been so motivated in the start then.

And it is not really about what you can or not can do. Most could already be done in CR's scripting. It is more about making stuff easy to do. PseudoOOP is just a hindrance when you work IMO.