Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Rails?

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
I don't see why trains need to be remaked for OC in the first place. While trains with tracks sound like a fun idea, they resulted to be a unhelpful from the beginning. Most reasons were written by Nachtschatten just now. I can think of many other possibilites for stuff that helps with explorating and developing ("erschließen") terrain, making transport of materials easier.
One thing that just came to my mind is a sling-shot with an opening like e.g. the foundry that catapultates the thrown in material automatically to a given location (e.g. another slingshot etc). I am sure we can think of many other possibilities, perhaps based on the new control with the mouse.

Why does it have to be a train?
Or better question:
Why first think of the object and then think of how we make it (come hell or high water) useful?

Edit:
My intention is not to spoil a possibly fruitful discussion. I can think of scenarios where it might be really cool and fun to have to build a train route from one end to the other (as the goal). I basically want to underline that the "Ich will ein Kran!" (I want a crane) perspective of designing a playable object pack is the wrong end to start a design process.