Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Do we really need buildings?

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW

> Sounds like you want a more real-time Strategy Game stylished Clonk.

You're confusing me. In most RTS I know, there are possibilities of putting units into buildings. Burrows anyone? I don't see how this is related.

> Actually I'm a fan of funny-but-not-so-usefull features, that is a reason for me to play Clonk.

You want to keep a feature precisely because it makes no sense? You are on shaky ground, my friend.

> I would like to see a Clonk shooting with a bow from the window of a little crib.

Great, this is exactly what I'm talking about. For really nifty possibilities, we'd have the Clonk attach somewhere, for example - so he can also use bows and the likes. There are already beds and anvils that use some sort of in-between-state. That should become the norm. Therefore, everything still remains an outside activity (=> easier scripts) and the interface is similar (=> easier playing). Everybody wins.