Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Digging Reworked

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Sven2
I reworked the dig system a bit to make more player-friendly. This is quite a big boost in what you can do with the shovel, so I'd like to hear what you think.

First, the Clonk reatarts digging if you lost your dig action (e.g. because you fell down a few pixels) but keep the button pressed. Imo, this is an important convenience.

More importantly, you can start digging from procedures SCALE and HANGLE. This helps in many occasions:
  • If you're stuck scale/hangling in a corner of single earth pixels, you can just dig yourself out

• If you just walk to the end of a tunnel, you usually end up scaling the end wall (a very common newbie problem in CR). You can now just start digging into it.

• You can dig into vertical walls while scaling them

• You can get rid of single pixels in your way by jumping on them (either scale or hangle them) and start digging. Previously, to dig those pixels away, you would have to climb and stand on top of them, which was not always possible