Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Elevators, Lifts, and Ropeways

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to TheBuilder
Was going through this sites attachments page and found the topic about Elevators, lifts, and ropeways.
One thing in particular caught my attention;
     Tinu: i know, its a new idea. I also had the idea of a ropeway, but i didnt realize that you meant this with your idea of the lift. I think we "need" both, a lift for vertical and a ropeway for horizontal/oblique transport.
     Caesar: Hmm, and if both types were using the same liftcase, so they could be connected?

After reading this it hit me, y not have a system of elevators(starting point-down), lifts(starting point-up), and ropeways(starting point-left-and/or-right) that could be connected, so that the cases on an elevator could rise up out fo the ground, stop at the top of the elevator, switch over to the ropeway, and then just keep moving.
The same would work for switching to an elevator from a ropeway and both/either for lifts/ropeways.
The elevators/lifts/ropeways in this example would all have the same case or watever that moves along their structures.
A note on when 2 or more of these cases meet, u could just have it so that they pass through each other without stopping or resistence unless they r controled by opposing clonks/teams.

Hope u guys can make it happen! :)