Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Some discussion about controls

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Travis
The current controls seem to be made for short full-of-action rounds, the longer ones seem to loose here (using the mouse always for almost every little thing, in a round that takes ours, could be very annoying). Little "thingies and buttons" and stuff are not a common thing in videogames and yes there is zoom, but always zooming seems to be annoying too (you understand what I mean?). To be accurate with the mouse like with the keys while digging an other things is really something else.
Even though I don't think it's possible anymore, there should be a way to play without mouse, or at least a way to do many stuff without. Somebody might say, "I'ts usual in any videogame today to use the mouse for almost everything", yes but there are not so many 2D Jump 'n' Run styled games where it is so.
Perhaps it's just the fact that I have to get used to this kind of control, but to dig with the mouse like it's right now, is really strange to me (other stuff too).

Ah btw: make the mouse cursor tiny as possible, just a few pixel large, just for practical reasons, because it's much easier to point at things correctly then, and with controls like the current it's very important (I think you know what I mean).