Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Concept][Object] Catapult

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to AlteredARMOR

> the catapult won't work like this

You forgot another remark:
There is absoulutely NO force which will make the moving part move UPWARDS, thus it will always stay at the lowest point. I have two ideas on how to fix this... I could draw sketches for both of them but I wouldn't (better I fix it right away and show an already complete model).

> The arm must be longer

I tried to make the counterweight part longer but in that case it would collide with with the supporting framework (the X part). It can be avoided by increasing the height of the construction (though some experimentation is needed).

> The wheels must have mor polygons

Luckily it can be fixed in no time :-) The question is how many angles? 16? 24? 32? (currently there are 8 as you can see)

> could also be bigger and more rock-shaped

As for bigger see above (longer arm). As for rock-shape... What about polycount? Already made it as low as possible and it will certainly increase after all modifications which are to be made (for example, crank will give additional (2 + 8) + 8 * (4 + 21) = 50 faces).

> cutting or untangling of the rope

At first I thought about a locking cog which is released by pressing the lever but then I realized that we probably do not need such a detailed representation so lets stick to the "rope variant".

Thanks for productive criticism (I really appreciate that)